This one is a hot button issue right now, and likely will be for the rest of my life. I'm just stating my opinion, and my beliefs. I'm trying to be politically correct, but sometimes you just have to say it how it is and let the chips fall.
I am opposed to gay marriage. I think that each of us has the ability to choose. However, I also believe, that "marriage is ordained of God" and that it should only be between a man and a woman. I don't think that my desire to keep it that way means that I am mean, nasty or intolerant. I am not a hater. I think that there is good in everyone, and think that we could all do better to love one another.
So choose what you want to do. But don't change what has been since the beginning of time and please don't shove your opinions down my throat then call me a bigot when I have a hard time swallowing them.
PS: in 1995 President Gordon B Hinckley, Prophet of the Lord made a Proclamation to the World on the family. Read it here. It is incredible that the Lord used his servant to clarify the importance of, and also to define the family.
Very nicely put. May I say that I agree with you completely and that your 3rd paragraph is perfect?
ReplyDelete