I guess the simple answer is that it's because I'm not dead yet! I'm certain that there are still things for me to accomplish and learn. I know there are still things I want to do, people to meet, specifically, a knight in shining armor with a white stallion to come and save me... (except, I don't really need to be saved by a mortal, just by Christ).
Today, you may find this morbid, I watched a documentary on death. It was really fascinating. They talked about when death actually occurred. There's brain death, and cellular death, and then when the lungs/heart stop. A man who was decapitated during the French revolution blinked his eyes for 11 seconds after he was decapitated. That's a long time to stay alive with no head! But they talked about how they aren't sure if there is a great beyond . (Oh science... you're so silly, don't you know that God and science go together?) And if there IS another "dimension" as they called it (read Spirit World), then there really is no death! EXACTLY!!!
I'm so grateful for the knowledge that there is no real death. That it is only a passing sleep. Because of the Savior. Because He, the only one who could, broke the bands of death. And because he did, we can too! That's exciting to me, it means that it doesn't really matter if my time is today, or tomorrow or 80 years from now (heaven forbid!). When He calls me home, I'll be ready. More ready than I'll be for my finals next week...
Thank you...I needed this today.
ReplyDeleteI love you and I love the testimony you share.
Mom