Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why I hate dating

So have you ever been on a date and you come home and think, seriously? What a waste of my life. I had that experience Tuesday. Remember F from my last post? This story is about F.
Last semester I was nice to F, we talked at church, then at dessert night, then he added me as a friend on FB. Then he's ALWAYS on the chat (I've put him in a category and he's generally blocked) But sometimes I forget. So he went out w/ my roommate twice and she told him that they should just be friends. Then he asked me out for ice cream. We went to sub zero ice cream, which is kind of cool-- they take whatever you want and freeze it w/ liquid hydrogen? something like that. anyway. To spare you an exact retelling of the 2 1/2 hours of treachery I've made a list of things you should never do on a FIRST date.


  • Let a date for Ice Cream go longer than an hour.
  • Talk only about yourself
  • Talk about things you should talk about (ie: the temple)
  • Talk about your underwear (see above)
  • Talk about the girls that you have dated
  • Talk about the girls you have kissed
  • Tell me that your goal in life is to be a magician
  • Not walk me to the door
  • Talk about how my roommate shut you down
  • Talk about how many other girls have shut you down. 
  • Ask me out repeatedly after I've ignored your previous two requests.
 Those are the ones that I can remember-- I'm sure I've blocked some of it out. needless to say if he asks me out again, I will just tell him a straight no. Honestly I don't really even want to be friends. Is that rude? I just don't even like him as a person, and I could spend my time with people I enjoy...

1 comment: