Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 5:Something you hope to do in your life.

This seems like an awful broad topic! See, the way I figure is that I am 24. I've got a a good 60 years of useful life left... and even after that... well, we'll see what kind of an old person I make :)

So let's break this down into time referenced things I hope to do in my life:

In the next hour-- fall asleep (thank you tylenol cold PM) and sleep ALL NIGHT
In the next 24 hours-- wake up early, study for my exam at 11, and pass said exam
In the next week-- pass the other 3 exams that I have to take
In the next 5 months-- get accepted to Graduate School
In the next 6 months-- Graduate! Holy Cow! I just realized graduation is less than 6 months away!! (This is awesome, but also a little scary as to make me want to throw up).
In the next 4 years-- graduate from a masters program, complete a clinical fellowship year, and land a sweet job as an SLP somewhere...

Yup, that's as far as I go. It's not that I have no ambition, just no time frame. For example, my license will be valid in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia and New Zealand, therefore, I would LOVE <3 to go work in one of those places for a few... whiles.
Or maybe there's a PhD program in my future. I want to see if the schools that I'm applying to have a required thesis (or even an optional one) and I'd like to take that route so I can find out if I like research and if going for a PhD is really something I'd like to do.
I also want to go skydiving.
And if it's in the cards for me, I'd like to have a family and be a mom. I think that kind of rush would probably match or exceed that of skydiving.
And I want to travel, go to Asia.
And I want to cook amazing things and continue to wow people with my culinary skills.
And I want to learn some humility...

But for now. I'll settle with a good night sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've got some great plans! And I like the short and long term look at life! You are wonderful <3

    ReplyDelete