Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now?

This is a weird question. I think that it might take a person from the outside to answer this one semi-objectively. I was talking to my bishop tonight for tithing settlement (and he didn't give me a candy cane, and I missed tithing settlement in my home ward!). He seemed very interested (as all single's ward bishops are) with my marital status. But he was so nice. He told me I was perky, that I was adventurous that I had a great personality, (and the compliments kept coming). Then he told me that some hunky guy was going to show up and sweep me off my feet. (As soon as the hunky guys get off the fence and start looking, he said...) It may have been rude, but couldn't help rolling my eyes. These things may be true, but for now, I'm not looking for tall, dark and hunky. If he finds me, fine. If he realizes all the cool things about me, great. But I'm not holding my breath. The best thing I've got going for me right now is my independence. I am a strong woman. I don't need a guy to tell me that I have worth. I don't need a guy for me to feel like I have worth.

1 comment: