This morning I got up and i took a shower because I was working the front desk, so I had to look presentable (as opposed to when I work housekeeping). So I put my sexy jeans on, and my favorite purple shirt, and then I went for footwear. Today was B-E-A-U-tiful outside and I really just wanted to wear my handy dandy flip flops, but insurance tells my boss that employees are not allowed to wear flip flops. Lame! So I went for different footwear. I grabbed my cutest footy socks. They're really cute, trust me. And to be contrary I put on my red flats because they make me happy. Then on my way over to work I had a startling realization.
I was wearing the exact same footwear I wore exactly 3 months ago. Who remembers what happened exactly 3 months ago? Actually it will be Exactly 3 months ago in about 10 minutes. (I'm a dork) But i will tell you what happened. I think at the time I told you that it was a story for another time. Today can be that time. You see, it was an epic night, the kind of nights you read about in... well, on my blog, ok?
It was the second reading day of Winter semester, after a failed attempt at studying all day, (ok I did get some done), The boy and I went to a bonfire, he held my hand 2 days before, and I was still enjoying the wonderfulness of it all. We went to the bonfire, then hit Harold for 2 hours, from Midnight to 2am. At one point during that time he looked at me and smiled and said "do you know what I realized today?" and I said "yes." and then he just smiled and went back to studying. So I did too. When studying time was over he drove me home, and walked me to my door, and he went to leave, then he turned around and said "do you want to know what I realized?" And I said "yes" again, and he said "I realized that I love you."
At this point that was not what I was expecting. We had only been holding hands for 2 days! So I just stood there for what felt like an hour and stared at him. I felt like Moki on Johnny Lingo when Johnny says that he will pay 8 cows for Mahana. I just stared. Finally I got my face together and smiled. Then I hugged him, and said it back. Then he left, and I went inside, and I sat on the couch and stared at the wall in utter shock. It was pretty great.
And now it's been 3 months. I sometimes can't believe that it's been so long, and sometimes I feel like it's been this way forever. I'm so excited to have a real normal relationship soon. One where I don't have to hug my phone rather than a real person. One where we can sit and talk and have facial expressions and body language to read, and more memories to make together.
3 weeks. And... I think the boy is going to meet me at the airport. To save my parents a trip to the airport to pick me up, then him up.... or that's the story we're sticking to. 20 days. 20 days. I have a lot of work to do, a lot of money to make, and a lot of trust to have.
And that is the epic story behind my footwear today :)
Yeah, for epic stories of footwear of love. You hug the telephone?? That's romantic. The sooner you two get together the better. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYay for 3 weeks! Or rather, yay for after 3 weeks. I had to wait until I was married to have a normal relationship where we got to talk sitting next to each other. Lol.
ReplyDeleteWho knew that footwear could be linked to such a romantic and "epic" story. Makes me smile =)
ReplyDelete