So we know that I have feelings that are more than friends, or that could easily change to pretty serious feelings. I've been uncertain as to his feelings, but his actions seem to show something more than just friends. But I didn't want to be the only one going down that road. I guess I just wanted to know. We were talking yesterday and he said 'I don't have to be in control, I just have to be informed' I think that I a)need to trust the person in control, and/or b)I need to be informed. Luckily, in much of my life, I know that God is in control.
So we went on a date last night. It was fun, we went to BYU Idol and it was pretty fun, mostly just to be around him. We went to my sister's house to get my car and found that it was ~ahem~ not available... but that's another story. So, we started to walk to my home and I just knew that I needed to know. So I started
Me:"can I ask you a question?" (can I please note the feeling that I am going to throw up)
Boy: "ask away"
Me: "ok, we're friends, right?"
Boy: pause "yes" pause "what if I was interested"
Me: "I'd be fine with that." pause
Boy: "what was your question?"
Me "are you?"
Boy "am I what?"
me: "interested."
"Boy: let's cross the street and not die, or you'd never get your answer
me "That would be sad, but I'd just make up your answer and it would be great."
Boy: "and they could make a lifetime movie out of it"
and we digressed... frankly, the rest of the conversation is non of your business :)
Basically, nothing in our relationship (lower case r) has changed. (much to my roommates' dismay). We still have a date on Friday night. He's going to come visit me in Seattle over the summer. (please insert giddy dance here). My parents are coming for my sister's graduation in 2 weeks and when I told mom about this, she told me that my Dad asked if he got to meet him. That's a little bit scary.
I don't feel the need to push anything. I just wanted to know where he stood, or even which direction he was facing. And now I know that.
I am a very patient girl, and I know that the Lord will lead me the way I should go, and will lead him, and everything will work out!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Amen sister.
ReplyDeleteEmily I am so happy for you (even if it is a little r still)!! I'm doing my own giddy dance. Yeehah.
ReplyDeleteEmily... number one, your blog matches my blog. And I think that's awesome. Number two... that is a great story... and pretty much the most familiar story I ever heard... You should ask me sometime what was going on in my life exactly a year ago.
ReplyDeleteI'm confused-- he is interested? Just not wanting to be a "boyfriend"? I think I read too fast.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't talk about being an official at all... just that there is some level of interest.
ReplyDelete