Tuesday, February 1, 2011

day 4- a habit that you wish you didn’t have

After starting this blog post multiple times, trying to decide which bit of dirty laundry I want to air, here goes, the habit I wish I didn't have:

Today I have had a long day. It went like this:
9-9:30 Study Group
9:30-10:45 Class
11-3 Work
3:15-3:45 Study/eat lunch/dinner
4-6:15 Study Group
6:15-6:35 Run home get institute stuff
7-8:45 Institute
8:45-9:15 Realize locked keys in car, go to sisters to get spare key, get into car. 
9:15-9:35 while driving try to catch up with a friend I haven't talked to in a few months.
9:35- 12 Study group (with some chatting too)

I'm serious. I'm also seriously wiped out. BUT... (and here's the habit) despite how exhausted I am and how my tomorrow looks much the same way (This is a solid schedule 9am-9pm-->class, study group, class, dinner group--yes I get dinner tomorrow--, Study group) I am not tired... I have this terrible need to wind down. I can NEVER come home and go directly to bed, my mind and body are still too cued and awake and, especially after a day like today, stressed out. If I try to go right to bed it is to no avail, since I just lay awake thinking about everything I have to do. I have to wind myself down for a while (like an hour) till I can fall asleep. Bad habit-- totally. But it felt good to get everything done today. 

Someday I'll work on that whole winding down thing. Maybe tonight...maybe right now... 



No comments:

Post a Comment